Prayer Walk 2018
One of the important ways we pray together at DPC and ask for God to be at work amongst us is through what we call “Week of Prayer”. We ask all our home groups to stop what they normally do and pray together.
During the month of January, however, our Home Groups haven’t started meeting yet, so we want to take the opportunity to pray as an entire church family ... with a twist.
On Sunday 28 January 2018 we are planning on holding our Prayer Gathering in a way that will hopefully be fun and engaging, as well as full of prayer. The plan is for people to arrive at church anytime between 5pm and 7:30pm, grab a sausage sandwich and leave in small groups with a leader every 20 mins from 6:00-7:30pm.
You’ll then walk the streets of Drummoyne stopping to pray together at various points. The circular route will be 1.5 km, with five places to stop and pray. Altogether the short walks should take approximately 25 mins .
The prayer walk will be as follows: 5 mins walk, 5 mins each stop to pray, 5 stops = approx. 1 hour.
The stops will be as follows:
- Church Hall - pray for yourself, how you might please and honour God in the year ahead
- St Bedes front yard - pray for churches in the area
- Brett Park - give thanks for Creation and its beauty, pray for the inner West and our city, including the homeless and needy
- Drummoyne Public School (meet in the playgroud in the closed off section of South St) - pray for Scripture and Youth Group
- Sampsons house - pray for home groups and our overseas gospel partners.
At each stop, someone will meet you with things to pray for at that point. There will be ice-blocks and drinks at different stop points.
Arrive anytime between 5 and 7:30pm. Bring shoes you can walk in and a hat, and a stroller for little ones if required.