The red boxes is how we collect money which is given for the work of God’s kingdom in Drummoyne and overseas.
What to do:
- Be responsible for the security and counting of money put in the red boxes and sort any feedback cards.
- 20mins after church on Sundays.
- There is a detailed training seminar for Red Boxes, and you should complete this before you assist with counting or recording of money given.
Who to ask:
- Committee of Management: Lynne-Maree Pickering
- Suggestions on improving these procedures, any general questions regarding money or communication with the Management Committee: contact Lynne-Maree Pickering.
- Treasurer: Adam Ladkins.
- Burwood Police (9745 8499)
- For security reasons, two people from different families, are rostered on each week for a month. If you are unable to count for a particular reason, please do not organise your own replacement.
- James McSeveny (9am)
- Nic Fleury (10:30)
- Darryl Soh (5pm)
Before the meeting
Check the red boxes are in place:
- one at the back of church - centre on chair
- the other on the stage, front right (opposite side to the musicians).
- they are stored in the back office when not in use.
After the meeting
- With your co-counter, take the red boxes to the back room for counting. Before counting, close the door between the church and the office and ensure the door from the office to the green square is also closed.
- Record sheets, pens, plastic money bags etc are provided.
- Sort monies into categories according to the record sheet. All money given for a specific purpose (JAM, money donated for certain events, especially the bookstall, etc) must be noted on the record sheet.
- Count each category up individually and record on sheet provided in duplicate (carbon copy) specifying whether cheque, cash or coins.
- Tally up columns horizontally and vertically (they should match!)
- Check each other’s sums and both sign and date the sheet, labelling at the top of the record sheet that this is monies from the 10:30a.m. meeting or 6pm meeting as appropriate.
- Then combine the monies into a plastic bag along with one copy of the record sheet and “post” into the safe.
- Put the other copy into the pigeon hole marked “Treasurer” found in the lower office.
- Put the white response cards in the pigeon hole labelled “White Feedback Cards”. It is very important for confidentiality and efficiency in following people up that the cards aren’t left anywhere else. Do not put them in the safe. Lot’s of cards get misplaced and it is a significant problem!
- Put bookstall forms into the pigeon hole marked “Bookstall.” Do not put them in the safe.
- 10.30 people can return the Boxes to their pre-defined spots in church ready for 6pm church; 6pm people can leave the red boxes in the back room. In all cases ensure the padlocks are locked so they don’t get lost.
- Turn off all lights in the main auditorium, lock all windows, check the upper windows and ensure they are closed/ secure as well and then lock all doors.