MORNING TEA & SUPPER
Church doesn’t end with the last song or prayer – it continues on as long as people want to stay. That’s why morning tea/supper is so important – it gives us a chance to catch up, welcome newcomers, and share what we have learnt or been challenged by. It also tastes good!
What to do: Morning tea/Supper preparation and pack up.
Time required: 20 mins before church for preparation and approx. 10 mins after church to pack up.
Who to ask: 9am – Darryl Soh, 10:30am – Jess Abraham, 5pm – Rosemary Ioannidis
Before church – 20 min before church starts
- Milk: The first person listed to serve on the morning tea roster is to bring at least 2L of milk. (To confirm, refer to the weekly run sheet you will be emailed approximately three days before church.)
- Morning tea: Prepare 3-4 packets of food in bowls/plates. Make 2-3 plungers of coffee (up to 3 desert spoons of coffee per plunger and fill with hot water). After the children leave for Kids' church (during the break) place the food and coffee on the table.
- Supper: Prepare 3-4 packets of food in bowls/plates and place on the table before church starts.
Food is provided by church in the church cupboard, though offerings from home are welcome. If food or other tea and coffee supplies run low, please email email@example.com.
- Fill the large urn with water. The hot water urn is to be placed on a table next to the tea room door. Only the urn and any materials needed to make a hot drink are to be placed on this table. All other drinks and food are to be placed on the larger table to avoid crowding the hot water.
- Ensure there are sufficient mugs, glasses, plastic cups (morning tea), spoons, sugar, milk, cold water (in jug/s) and teabags on the table.
- Please prepare morning tea/supper for the break unless the person leading church instructs you not to (this may happen on certain Sundays when the break needs to be kept to a minimum because there are additional things happening during the service).
During Morning Tea/Supper
- Monitor quantities of drinks, including hot water, and food and put more out if needed.
- Watch for visitors and offer them a drink if they seem uncertain of where things are.
After church has finished
- It is important in sharing the kitchen area with all congregations at church that we foster good relationships by leaving the area clean and tidy.
- Wipe the morning tea tables, check the pews for any dirty cups left behind, load the dishwasher with dirty cups etc. and TURN ON.
- Take tea towels that need laundering and return NEXT week clean.
- Throw out any food/drink that won’t last the week.
- Leave the carpeted morning tea area clean (vacuum if necessary).
- Recommend any changes as you see fit. Email these to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the first Sunday of every month we have a NoFuss lunch/dinner. On this Sunday, you may not need to put out (or at least put out less) morning tea/supper (check with the person leading church).
- Locate the nearest fire extinguisher to the kitchen and familiarise yourself with its use.
- Note for 10:30am church: Occasionally 9am church finishes late – please make sure that 9am church has finished before entering the church building to set up.