At Drummoyne Presbyterian we are blessed to have a number of kids in our Church family. Kid’s church is a fun and safe place for our kids to learn about God’s word and what it means for them.
What to do:
- Up front at 10:30am church, teaching kids in a 5 min spot before they head out to kids church
- Arrive at church 20 mins early to liase with the gathering leader. Preparation time during the week, checking for the key themes from the bible talk.
- Training is provided by Matt Simpson, you should complete this before you first do a kids spot. This is simply a checklist for those who have already been trained. If you are interested in attending the next training please contact the relevant person below.
Who to ask:
- 10:30am - Sandy McMillan
The week before:
- contact the speaker of the gathering and find out the "key idea" to try and match your talk with that. If you need help with ideas contact Matt.
- Practise, the less notes you have and the more energetic you are the better you'll be able to engage your audience. Its a large bunch of children.
- Keep it simple, don't try and give too many big ideas in the talk, pick one and do it well.
- everyone involved 'up front' at church meets for prayer before the meeting begins.
- Please be on time for this as it's an important aspect of the responsibility you have been given. Look for the leader of the meeting at 10:10am.
- you will need to liase with the meeting leader/pa desk operator about mic's and space required to do your kids spot.