AT THE DOOR
Welcoming newcomers at dpc is everyone's job. An important part of that welcome is greeting everyone (newcomers and regulars) warmly at the door and giving them the information they need for Church.
- 30 minutes before church for set up, and 15 minutes after church for pack up
Who to ask:
- 9am – Darryl Soh, 10:30am – Jess Abraham, 5pm – Helen Searle
Prior to your rostered Sunday:
- Be familiar with groups we offer (for adults, youth, children & creche arrangements).
- Know who is on the kids church executive (1030am at the door only; ask at the door coordinator)
Prior to church starting:
- Arrive 30 minutes before church begins
- Open front doors & glass doors
- Put all inserts & bulletins into the church Bibles (nb: you may wish to keep some spare bulletins & inserts for the people who bring their own Bible. If you run out of bulletins, please make a note on a comment slip with an estimate of how many more bulletins are needed for the following weeks and place in the red box.)
- Put all Bibles and pens on the front “welcoming table”
- Greet everyone, offering them a Bible and a pen. Be particularly alert for newcomers.
- At 10:30am church try to connect newcomers with children with someone on the kids church executive.
- Designate one person to be "usher" (10:30am church only)
- Usher people to seats if pews filling up (10:30am church only)
- Stay at the door until approx. 15 mins into church.
- Shut the glass doors between the foyer and the church when you come in.
- Collect all the bibles and return them to the foyer area.
- Put all leftover bulletins in the recycling box under the welcoming table.
- Place unused comment slips & other inserts in separate piles on the welcoming table.
- At 5pm and 10:30 church: Please make sure front doors are closed and locked. Lights turned off. If you have to leave early please make sure someone else will do it.