Many hands make light, sound and projectors work! The person on the PA Desk makes sure everything up the front can be seen and heard.
What to do:
- Manage and operate the PA desk ensuring sound and projector are working well.
- Arrive 30 minutes before church to ensure the sound is working well for the musicians and the projector is ready to go.
- There is a training seminar run from time to time on PA. This is simply a checklist for those who have already been trained. If you would like to attend training please contact the relevant person listed below.
Who to ask:
- 9am – Darryl Soh, 10:30am – Jonathan Chan, 5pm – David Pinn
Before church starts
- Setting up Computer
- Turn on monitor and computer (if not on already).
- When the computer asks you to log in, select ‘sound desk’
- The two programs you need to open, if they don’t automatically open are:
- Talk Recorder* (for recording the talk)
- Sunday Plus! (for driving the data projector).
- DO NOT TOUCH THE GAIN
- Both have icons on the desktop.
- Check the PA is working, including in the foyer.
- Get a run sheet (from the leader) so you know what is happening.
- Turn on the data projector, the song leader’s monitor and pull down the screen
- Check with the church meeting leader for what mics are required for Kids Talk, interviews or other special segments in the church meeting.
- Do a sound check with the musos and song leaders. Set mic levels as required. Turn off un-needed mics. .
- Check that the correct songs are loaded into Easy Worship.
- Run through the songs as the musos practise, so that:
- the words come up on their screen,
- you are familiar with the song and make the page transitions at the right point.
- you can spot any variations (e.g. repeated chorus, an omitted verse).
During the service
- Be ready to start on time.
- Stay alert for ‘spur of the moment’ unscripted changes (leaders have an annoying habit of doing this when you least expect it.)
- Stay alert to change sound levels for different speakers.
- Record the talk and question time with Talk Recorder:
- At the right time (just before the talk starts) press the red Record button,
- Press the ‘Stop’ button after the talk finishes. (But don’t exit this program just minimise it.)
At the end
Turn off PA and computer screen at the power point on your right, but PLEASE DO NOT TURN OFF the computer itself.
Switch the data projector to standby mode (orange light).