One of the best things about night church is eating together! Its a great opportunity to connect with one another.
Night Church continues over food…
First Sunday of Month: Dinner “In”
Second Sunday of Month: Dinner Out Together
Third Sunday of Month: Nothing Formal Organized
Fourth Sunday Night: Nothing Formal Organized
Fifth Sunday Night: Nothing Formal Organized
What to do (dinner in):
- Each Home Group organises food and drink once or twice a year.
- It’s helpful for each Home Group to nominate one or two people to coordinate who will bring what food.
- 30 mins before church for preparation and after church pack up.
Who to ask:
- 5pm – Amanda Neill
Before the day
- Please start planning together as a group several weeks in advance.
- Numbers vary depending on the time of year (public holidays, school holidays etc.) but generally there are 40 adults (5pm).
- When it comes to working out a menu, your home group may be feeling creative or it may be feeling like it needs all the help it can get! If you do need a menu suggestion, please call one of the staff.
- Plan what is needed:
- Check supplies of utensils (bowls, plates etc.) and purchase extra if required.
- A couple of bottles of soft drink and water
- It is a good idea to divide up the things that need to happen in preparing food between different members of your home group, who will buy each item and agree on quantities. This way no one is left doing everything!
On the day
- Think ahead and plan to set up as much as possible before church.
- Plan to only leave church 10 mins before the end to finish setup and get food on tables.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: it is encouraged to work out the logistics of Dinner in a way where no-one from your home group misses out on the Bible talk.
- Please put out a bowl or ice-cream container and put a sign called “Gold Coin Donation”.
- Try to keep your overall budget to about $1.50 a head
- Any costs that your home group incur will be covered by the gold coin donation as well as Drummoyne Presbyterian funds (up to $100 per dinner per month.)
- Please remember to get a reimbursement form here and use that to claim back expenses (please click here for the reimbursement form). These forms can be put in the red boxes and will be processed at the next Committee meeting.
- Safety is any family’s key concern and our Church family is no different. Shown below are a couple of safety tips/ hazards to look out for.
- When putting out the food, always ensure that anything hot is safely away from the edge of tables.
- Please ensure that the urns are kept in the centre of the table with no power cable dangling down the side.
- Please take the time to locate the nearest fire extinguisher to the kitchen and familiarise yourself with its use.
- First aid kits can be found in both kitchens (in the main church building and lower hall).